At this page you can find all necessary information about studying at Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University.
Please, find the necessary information in the following section:
- Study programmes
At the academic year 2020-2021 at EENU you can do next training programmes:
Pre-study Language courses
At EENU we offer pre-study language courses in Ukrainian or Russian for foreigners who wants to continue studying at BA, MA either PhD level. Duration of the pre-study language courses is from 6 to 10 months (winter or summer term). After successful completing of the pre-study language courses students will obtain Certificate (state standard).
We have large experience of providing language courses, so you are welcome!
Foreign students can enroll in Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University (EENU) the following ways:
1) twice a year for the degrees of Bachelor and Master, before and at the beginning of the academic semester, that is until 1 November and until 1 March respectively
2) during the year for postgraduate studies, the preparatory department and the academic mobility program.
Documents for admission of international applicants
- A filled-in application_form;
- An international passport of a foreigner or any other document which identifies a stateless individual with a D-type visa (D-13) for the countries with visa procedure of entry issued by consular offices of Ukraine in a home country on the basis of an invitation letter (the original document and 2 copies of translation into Ukrainian language approved by a notary);
- An invitation letter for receiving a visa for study (original);
- Document, confirming your previous education (high school certificate, Bachelor’s degree certificate) (the original and 2 copies of translation into Ukrainian approved by a notary);
- The supplement to the education certificate (with the list of courses taken) (the original document and 2 copies of translation into Ukrainian approved by a notary);
- Medical insurance for the whole period of study;
- 4 (four) photos sized 30 x 40 mm;
- A copy of the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if eligible)
APPLICATION DEADLINE of the 2020 Introductory Campaign:
- Start receiving applications and documents – August 1 – November 1
- Deadline for receiving applications and documents for renewal, transfer from higher education institutions of Ukraine and foreign educational institutions – July 15 – August 31
- Timing of the University entrance exam – August 15 – October 25
- Enrollment of applicants for the funds of individuals (legal entities) – August 15 – November 1
- Signing the agreement and paying the registration fee – August 15 -November 1
The process of legalization of foreign citizens in Ukraine has several stages:
- Making a letter of invitation
- Issuing a visa
- Issuing the temporary residence permit (posvidka)
Making a letter of invitation
Invitations are issued to foreigners for which an educational institution is granted consent for admission to obtain the appropriate degree of higher, postgraduate education (advanced training, traineeship), PhD studies, preparatory department, training for academic mobility programs or program for studying the state language and / or language of study.
All foreign students, arriving to Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University (EENU) for the period longer than 90 days, will receive special kind of the Letter of Invitation, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. After receiving the Invitation for Study you should to pay for the visa verification procedure (“visa support”) on the web-page of the Ukrainian State Centre of the International Education (ATTENTION!!! Your invitation will not be considered by the Consular Sections of the Ukrainian Embassies without visa versification procedure (“visa support”) completed!
Having the invitation and approximately in about a week after payment for visa verification procedure /“visa support” you can apply for the D-type Ukrainian visa (“long-term, multi-entry”). Upon arrival to Ukraine D-type visa should be exchanged for the Temporary Residence Permit within its validity (90 days), but not later than 2 weeks before its expiration date.
For making the invitation, the following documents are required (please contact EENU International Office for assistance):
- Copy of the first page of the applicant’s passport
- Copy of the document certifying the last completed education (diploma and annex)
- Consent to personal data collection and processing (signed and scanned)
Documents must be sent in a scanned form to the International Relation Office e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Or they can be submitted personally to the International Relation Office.
Issuing a visa
Students from visa countries, as well as countries with which Ukraine has signed agreements on visa-free stay of up to 90 days (tourist, private and business trips), need to obtain a long-term (“study”, type D) visa to Ukraine, which allows you to stay in Ukraine more than 90 days.
Citizens of countries with which Ukraine has signed visa-free agreements: Georgia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Russia do not need to open a visa to Ukraine, but must provide an original or a photocopy of the “Invitation to study” when crossing the border of Ukraine as confirmation the purpose of arrival in Ukraine.
To obtain a type D visa, a candidate for study must submit to the Consulate of Ukraine in your country the documents listed on the Embassy’s website. Such a list of documents must include the original “Invitation to Study”. In addition, we draw your attention to the fact that your prior education documents before applying to the consulate must be officially certified in the way adopted in your country (legalized (Ministry of Education + Ministry of Foreign Affairs + Embassy of Ukraine in your country) or certified by Apostille stamp + are legalized at the Embassy of Ukraine). These documents must be officially recognized in Ukraine so that a Ukrainian university can give you a diploma after graduation.
Issuing the temporary residence permit (posvidka)
Nationals of visa-free countries can stay in Ukraine for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. That is, to calculate the allowed period of stay from the date of submission of documents is deducted 180 days ago. A foreigner will not violate the rules if he has been in Ukraine for no more than 90 days within this 180-day period. Such foreigners are obliged, within five working days after their arrival at the university, but not later than 30 days before the expiration of the fixed term of stay in Ukraine, to submit to the international relation office the passport and documents necessary for the issuance of the Temporary Residence Permit.
For issuing the temporary residence permit, the following documents are required:
- passport with visa type D;
- notarized translation of the first page of the passport;
- valid medical insurance policy and its copy (for the whole period of study);
- receipts for the administrative services;
The certificate is made in the form of a card containing a contactless electronic medium.
The procedure for registration, issuance, exchange, cancellation, transfer, removal, return to the state, invalidation and destruction of a temporary residence permit was approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 322 of 25.04.2018.
The process of issuing the temporary residence permit takes 15 calendar days. During this period, the foreign citizen must stay in Ukraine.
Not later than 30 days after obtaining the temporary residence permit, the foreign citizens should be registered at the place of their actual residence during the study period. Only after this, the temporary residence permit is valid.
The process of the registration of residence takes a maximum of 10 days.
During the period of residence registration, the foreign citizen should not leave the country.
The temporary residence permit cancellation process takes from 10 to 20 days.
Temporary Residence Permit is valid for a period of your study at EENU and will allow you to leave and enter Ukraine without any additional documents needed during this period.
The temporary residence permit should always be returned to the Migration Service at the end of study.
You will need ORIGINAL invitation! Count this during preparing documents for visa submission.
Please, notice that from Autumn 2016, to submit documents for visa you have to book a date at Embassy or Consulate. For this purpose, follow the link.
If you applying for BA/MA programme without language course:
– we issuing invitation for such purpose from May till August. You have to come to Ukraine at the period from August 15 till October 24.
If you applying for BA/MA programme with language course or just language course:
– we issuing invitation for such purpose from May December. You can come to Ukraine at the period from September till February (within one academic, but not calendar year).
The Ukrainian State Center for International Education
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Embassies of Ukraine
Entry regime and visa requirements for foreigners entering Ukraine
Registration for visa submition